Thank you for visiting a Roche Website or interacting with us via e-mail or by phone.
At Roche, we understand that protecting the privacy of visitors to our Websites, our customers and those we work with is very important and that information about your health is particularly sensitive. That’s why we have taken the necessary steps to meet worldwide data privacy requirements. We treat your “personal data“ according to the “Roche Directive on the Protection of Personal Data”, and to the laws of the EU, Switzerland and other applicable local laws which regulate the storage, process, access and transfer of personal data. Roche Products (Ireland) Limited, company number 214337, having its registered office at 3004 Lake Drive, Citywest, Naas Road, Dublin 24, D24 K661, Ireland is the controller of such personal data.
We do not share any of your personal data with third parties for their own marketing use unless you explicitly give us permission to do so. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect information.
Please be aware that where, for example, you are a party to an agreement or engagement with us, other forms of processing of personal data may also take place which will be subject to separate Privacy Statements explaining the use of your personal data in those other circumstances.
- Personal Data Collected
- Your Choices
- Purposes of Processing
- Data Sharing and Disclosures
- Transfers of Personal Data Abroad
- Links to Other Sites
- Privacy Statement for Children
- Additional Information on Websites
- Your Rights
- Updates to Privacy Statement
Personal Data Collected
There are two general methods that Roche uses to collect information from you online and also when you interact with us by telephone or e-mail:
Information We Get
- Personal identifiable information: You can visit our Websites without providing any personal information. However, via our Websites, on telephone calls and in e-mails with you, we will collect any personal data that you choose to give to us (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, health and medical condition or other identifying information) or that is collected automatically via our Websites as described in further detail below, such as the IP address or other device ID of the device you are using to access our Websites.
- Aggregate information: In some cases we also remove personal identifiers from data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors to our Websites, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider), helpful to us in improving our products and services.
Automatically Collected Information
We and some third party providers we work with automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our Websites and in some e-mails we may send each other. Automatic technologies and services we use may include, for example, Web server logs/IP addresses, cookies, Web beacons and third party application and content tools.
Web Server Logs/IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet. All device identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow devices and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Roche collects IP addresses to conduct system administration and report aggregate information to affiliates, business partners and/or vendors to conduct site analysis and Website performance review.
Web Beacons. On certain Web pages or e-mails, Roche may utilize a common Internet technology called a "Web beacon" (also known as an "action tag" or "clear GIF technology"). Web beacons help analyze the effectiveness of Websites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Services: We may provide services based on third party applications and content tools on certain Roche Websites such as Google Maps or QUARTAL FLIFE. These third parties may automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our sites using such third party applications and tools.
You have several choices regarding your use of our Websites and other forms of communication with us. In certain circumstances, you could decide not to submit any personal data at all, for example, by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our Websites and/or by electing not to use any available personalized services. Certain sites may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
As described above, if you wish to prevent cookies from tracking you anonymously as you navigate our Websites, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
If you are registered to a Roche Website you may also manage your profile and e-mail preferences within your profile as long as you are logged in with your registered account.
Roche uses technology and security precautions, rules and other procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of your information, Roche uses also industry standard firewalls and password protection. It is, however, your personal responsibility to ensure that the device you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software, such as trojans, computer viruses and worm programs. You are aware of the fact that without adequate security measures (e.g. secure web browser configuration, up-to-date antivirus software, personal firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources) there is a risk that the data and passwords you use to protect access to your data, could be disclosed to unauthorised third parties.
Purposes of processing
The personal data referred to above will be processed for the following purposes:
- providing information requested by you on Websites or by way of phone calls and e-mails
- personalising communications with you
- undertaking marketing and other promotions which we think you might find interesting, subject to any preferences that you express
- complying with our legislative and regulatory obligations (and industry codes and similar) in connection with our dealings with you, including any reporting obligations
- internal and external audits and, where necessary, investigations
- for certain Human Resources purposes within Roche (e.g. performance management)
- internal training and management of personnel
- internal business and related analysis (including improving our Websites [e.g. our use of Google analytics described below], our products and our services),
- if you have a business or professional relationship with Roche, we may use information collected via our Websites, including sites intended specifically for business and professional users, to fulfil your requests and develop our business relationship with you and the entities you represent
- in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of the site to which the data relates
- maintaining appropriate business records.
The legal bases on which we will process your personal data for the above purposes will be either:
- that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in circumstances where we believe your data protection rights will not be unduly prejudiced by our pursuit of these legitimate interests. The legitimate interests for which we will process your personal data will be conducting and managing our business in a commercially prudent and responsible manner and promoting and marketing our business
- that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us
- where applicable, that you have given us your consent to the processing
Data Sharing and Disclosures
We may disclose your personal data to various categories of third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
· to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors and outsourced or other service providers;
· to other members of the Roche corporate group or affiliates; or
No Third-Party Direct Marketing Use. We will not sell or otherwise transfer the personal data you provide to us at our Websites or via email or telephone to any third parties for their own direct marketing use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent for your data to be shared in this manner.
E-mail a Friend or Colleague. On some Roche sites, you can choose to send a link or a message to a friend or colleague referring them to a Roche Website. E-mail addresses you may provide for a friend will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by Roche or other third parties for additional purposes.
Social Media Plugins
Our Websites may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, '"Share to Twitter"' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your device, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on one of our sites, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our Website. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends' Facebook activity on our website. Roche does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
Transfers of personal data abroad
In connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to jurisdictions which are not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, Roche will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers to protect the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals. Further details of the jurisdictions to which we transfer personal data and the measures that we take to comply with our obligations regarding such transfers are available.
Links to Other Sites
Our sites contain links to a number of Websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating to them directly for information on their privacy policies.
Privacy Statement for Children
Our Websites are directed at an adult audience. We do not collect any personal data from anyone we know to be under the age of 13 without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
Additional Information on Websites
If a Website has particular provisions relating to privacy that differ from those stated here, those provisions will be disclosed to you on the page on which personal data is collected.
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by applicable legal, accounting or tax requirements.
Otherwise, we keep your personal information:
· in circumstances where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as needed to allow Roche to respond to your question or request
· for as long as needed to provide you with access to services you have requested.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to any processing of your personal data that we carry out where the legal basis for the processing is that this is necessary for our legitimate interests; and
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above or for further information, please contact the Compliance Manager at (01) 4690700. You can also contact us in writing as follows:
The Compliance Manager
Roche Products (Ireland) Limited
3004 Lake Drive
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (email@example.com) or your local data protection supervisory authority.
Updates to Privacy Statement
From time to time, Roche may revise this Privacy Statement. Any such changes to this Privacy Statement will be promptly communicated on this page and, if we make changes that would have a significant impact on your rights we will provide a more prominent notice (e.g. on the homepage of our Websites). The effective date of this Privacy Statement is 23 May 2018.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this Privacy Statement applies to F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. and Roche Products (Ireland) Limited Websites
You can view the Community Guidelines for the @RocheIrl twitter account here.